Many Lower Manhattan businesses join the D-LMA to meet and exchange ideas with peer companies and organizations. The current roster includes an impressive array of major corporations, consulting and law firms, independent businesses, retailers, real estate developers, and educational, religious and community organizations. As the D-LMA grows, so does its capacity and impact on Lower Manhattan.
Throughout the year, the D-LMA sponsors events that bring together business leaders and elected and appointed officials who are involved in projects or issues of particular relevance to Lower Manhattan. Most meetings are designed to be small enough to be small enough to give members maximum access to featured guests and speakers.
Recent speakers include:
- Mayor Bill de Blasio
- United States Senator Charles Schumer
- U.S. Representative Jerrold Nadler
- New York State Assembly Member Sheldon Silver
- New York City Comptroller Scott Stringer
- New York State Senator Daniel Squadron
- Former Mayor Michael Bloomberg
- NYSE CEO Duncan Niederauer